The Australian Vietnamese Women’s Association Incorporated (AVWA), formerly, Australian Vietnamese Women’s Welfare Association, has been serving the community since its establishment on January 15th, 1983
Our Vision Our Purposes
Our Values: Integrity, Respect, Inclusion, Compassion, Excellence, Innovation
Our Vision: A harmonious society in which everyone, irrespective of age, gender, skills, abilities, ethnicity & religion, feels valued, is motivated and empowered to contribute.
- To help individuals and families
- Know their rights, responsibilities, options and opportunities
- Realise their full potential
- Improve their health, happiness and well being
- To provide a framework for mainly Vietnamese women to collaborate and learn to lead and operate a not-for-profit organisation to assist the settlement and harmonious integration of refugees and migrants of Vietnamese and other backgrounds in Victoria.
- To help Victorians, irrespective of age, gender, religion or ethnic background, obtain the information they need, know their rights, responsibilities, options and opportunities, realise their full potential and improve their health, happiness and well-being.
- To provide high quality education and training services to the disadvantaged people in Victoria including the unemployed, the educationally disadvantaged, the aged and disabled.